Jun 4, 2009

Wolfram|Alpha

Today I read about Wolfram|Alpha on a blog (Geeks Are Sexy). I didn't think I was going to be very impressed by it, but then I watched the screencast:

http://www.wolframalpha.com/screencast/introducingwolframalpha.html

This site looks like a search engine, but it's really more akin to an internet-enabled graphing calculator. They've farmed the internet for data, and built a tool to present make it extremely quick to access, view and compute using their database.

Take a look, and see what you think. Watch the screencast first, just to get an idea of what you can do, then play around on your own.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't actually used it, but I've read about it on two physics blogs here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what an amazing tool! I can definitely see using this for some of my work functions and personal needs (calorie counting). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They still have a ways to go, but I think it has potential to be very good. Time, and only time, will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was awaiting its release. Would have been helpful to have it for college. I agree ... "time will tell"

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...