While talking to Todd tonight before bed, I was reminded of a funny little story that happened today in class.
Take yourself to my kindergarten classroom. It's story-time and the class is sitting around the campfire. We're talking about what a character is and who the main character is in the story we just finished reading.
Mrs. Hoffmann: "So, can anyone tell me who the main character is in the story we just read?"
A child's hand flies into the air.
Mrs. Hoffmann: "Oh, someone knows! John (name changed), can you tell us who the main character is?"
John: " My mom said that God died for all of us."
Mrs. Hoffmann: "..."
Yeah, that one threw me for a loop for a moment. Then, gathering my teacher-response, I tried to respond.
Mrs. Hoffmann: "...Well, that's the main character in another story. But what about the story we were just talking about?"
Oh the things kids say! I have plenty of other stories, but I'm set on getting to bed early tonight. Maybe I'll try to put in a daily dose of kindergarten for you all in my future posts!
Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!
It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...
-
The QWERTY keyboard layout was not designed for comfort, but instead was designed with the mechanics of early typewriters in mind. See this ...
-
People are always asking about what I actually do at my job at Sandia National Laboratories. I could claim that my work is too sensitive to ...
-
This summer, I called Albuquerque, NM home, and Sandia National Laboratories work. I can honestly say that it's the best job I've...
Nice recovery!
ReplyDeleteI agree, that was a great response!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to pick your brain about teaching when we are there... in August!!!!
Sure thing, Sonya! I'm looking forward to it =)
ReplyDelete