Jun 3, 2009

A Little Time at Home

Ashlee here, writing from home in Wyoming. I've been pretty busy over the last week that I've been here, though my time home has been restful as well. I've enjoyed seeing my family and catching up on things with them. I also stopped by my old highschool and saw some of my teachers there. It's always nice to chat with everyone from Sheridan My family and those teachers are the ones that built such a strong network of support for me and I owe a lot of my dreams to them and all they've done for me.

I have a lot of reading still to do before institute. And mom wants me to go through boxes of my stuff that she has stored in her garage. She wants to start transferring that stuff to Todd and I, now that we're thinking of getting a house. I guess this means I'm really growing up - I get to store my own stuff at my own place. 

Like I said, it's been a whirlwind here since I've been home. There are so many people to see and talk to and spend time with. My friend from High School, Hillary, is coming up later this week. It's going to be good to see her again too. 

One of the things I've thoroughly enjoyed while being home is being able to spend some time with my adorable niece, Audrey. She's grown up so much over the last couple of months! 

Brandon and Mallory are such good parents. I've really enjoyed seeing them and watching them play with "Moogums" (phonetic spelling). Yes, Brandon decided that Audrey's official nickname would be "Moog" and any derivative thereof. No one knows why, but it's stuck. Poor Audrey is going to be called that until she's at least 18.

Of course, Brandon also decided that I would be "Aunt Moe" instead of "Aunt Ashlee." Moe is a childhood nickname that my family had for me (since my parents had three kids they tried to nickname us after the 3 stooges. Of course, only my name stuck). 

With less than a week left at home, there's still people I want to go visit and things that I need to do. Hopefully I'll be able to get it all done though! 

I have to admit, I'm looking forward to going back to Phoenix. I heard it's nice and warm there, whereas it's cold and rainy here!


1 comment:

  1. I hope we'll be able to see you before you head back south!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...