After he flew in, we went to eat at Joe's Farm Grill. It's was a yummy little place that Todd went to with Tom and Sonya when they were down here. Tummies full, we then drove home to give Dale the full tour of our little home in the middle of the desert.
I would like to tell you all about the exciting facts and little quirks of our house that were explained to Dale on the aforementioned tour...but honestly, I was a walking zombie by that time. I had to excuse myself so that I could take a little nap (and by little, I mean 2 hours). I think that my immune system is struggling against something - my sore throat and stuffy nose are dead give-aways. And today's weather, which was colder and windier than normal, didn't really help matters. Maybe Dale brought the cold Wyoming weather down here with him?
But after my nap I felt much better and so we went out to find a small dinner (since we were all still rather full from Joe's) and dessert. We decided on Mimi's Cafe, a little chain restaurant just down the street. Todd and I usually try to avoid chains, but we had never eaten there before. We ordered appetizers first, followed by dessert. Dale and I had a delicious trio of desserts (apple crisp a la mode, triple chocolate brownie a la mode, and bread pudding) that I was unable to finish. Todd, knowing my habit of ordering more than I can eat, was fully prepared to finish it for me. What would I do without him? It was a nice little time out, but Dale and I both felt like we needed to walk back home in order to get rid of some of the calories that we had just consumed. I consoled myself by saying that once we got home, I would hop on the exercise bike for a bit. And now that I'm home with a full tummy, bed is looking awfully nice. There's always time to ride the bike tomorrow, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.