May 31, 2010

Ah, Summer...

Summer has officially started. Wahoo!

Todd and Dale returned to Phoenix around 4pm on Saturday. They both enjoyed their time in Tucson and I'm hoping that maybe Todd will post a bit about it later. After they got home, they spent some time working on some projects in the garage (again, I would imagine that Todd could tell you more about this than I could). After their projects, we went out to eat at the Organ Stop. It's a wonderful place to visit if you're ever in town - great music and pretty good pizza to go along with it! I'll let you check the link to read about it. I like to take visitors there because it's a pretty inexpensive dinner but a great experience. To the right is a picture of Charlie (one of the organists) playing the organ. You are able to put in requests and he'll play a lot of different songs (using different kinds of entertaining props that help complete the show - like puppets, lights, different instruments, etc.). So if you're ever in town, you at least know one place to check out!

Sunday started a little rough when our alarm clock failed to go off. Instead of waking up at 4:00am so that we could take Dale to the airport for his 6am flight, Todd and I woke up at 6am. A bit of a bummer and an expensive mistake. We had to find Dale another flight home, but we got him successfully to the airport for a different flight.  He made it home without further incidents, which is a good thing.

With Dale at the airport, Todd and I decided to spend some time shopping at Arizona Mills Mall  for some new summer clothes! We spent the morning and afternoon there and then spent the later afternoon out by the pool. We topped off the night with kabobs and corn on the cob cooked on the grill. And then we watched a movie before bed.

And today? More of the same - at least for me. Todd did a little work from home today, while I completed my weekend of relaxation (more pool time and a lovely book).

But it wasn't all rest and relaxation. We also got some work done. We've finalized our Vegas plans, bought some plane tickets home, did some laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, washed dishes, and other household chores. This week is also somewhat busy for us. I'm going to be making phone calls tomorrow to different people in order to get errands done. I will also be doing some things throughout the summer for Teach For America, which will help to pass the time. Todd will be going in to work, since he will continue to work throughout the summer.

I have to say, I'm glad that summer is here. I don't know what I'm going to do if I ever have to work all year long. I'm so accustomed to my vacations!

That's our mini-update for now. We have some fruit  smoothies waiting for us before we head off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...