Sep 9, 2009

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a sectional!

Yeah, that's right. You heard it here first - Todd and I finally got our sectional!

Now, for those of you who have been chatting with me, you know how I feel about the sectional. I think it's the one piece of furniture we truly needed. It gives us a place to sit, to chat, to watch TV, and to play our new PS2. It ties the room together.

So, with that in mind, we've been scouring Craigslist for a nice deal and a nice sectional. Todd wanted leather. I wanted microfiber or very high quality leather. We both wanted a nice deal.

Then we found a fabric sectional for $200 on Craigslist. Interesting. So we went to see it. And, despite our need for a sectional, we had to pass it up. It just wasn't anything close to what we wanted.

That night, as we briefly scanned Craigslist...oh my...could it be? A sectional! Priced at $200. Microfiber and leather. With an ottoman.

After emails, text messages, going out there only to be told they needed it for a couple more days, then them calling (only about 15 minutes later) saying that we could come pick it up, but that they had marked it wrong and it was really $400...

It was a fiasco. But we got it. We compromised and settled on $350 for it. Todd and I think that we ripped them off (i.e. we got a screaming great deal).

And now, without further ado, here is our sectional!
Hey, it's heavier than it looks. I needed a rest afterwards. And Titus was very curious about this new piece of furniture in his domain (especially since it smelled like it had been freshly shampoo'd - which it had!).

Here's a pictures without Titus and me obscuring the view.
It looks a lot better in person. It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for and I love it.

And it's super comfortable!

Yay!

~Ashlee, who is now going to go chill on the chaise (that little part that sticks out of the sectional - where she was sitting earlier)

2 comments:

  1. SWEET! Thanks for posting pics! I'm happy you found what you wanted and saved $ by using Craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sectional looks huge, but then again Ashlee is little. Let's see a picture of Todd sitting in the same place, then we will know how big of piece it really is.

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...