Just fyi, I know that "wut" should be spelled "what." Just in case you thought I lost my mind. But 'Wut' is internet slang, denoting confusion. Or maybe laziness in typing.
Anyway, moving on! As I mentioned in another post, Todd and I have been buying a lot of stuff of off Craigslist. And it occurred to me that some of you might not know what Craigslist is. So, allow me to introduce you.
This is Craigslist. It's a website that has different regions. For example, Todd and I search for things in Phoenix (duh). The site itself has a ton of stuff (like personals, job listings, discussion forums, etc.) but Todd and I mostly look in the 'For Sale' section. You can type in what you're looking for (e.g. Stainless steel refrigerator) or you can go to a broad category and see what people are selling - like appliances.
As with anything, it's important to be careful. We always go look at the item before we commit to buying it. But you can usually get great deals on things, especially when people are in a hurry to sell stuff. I imagine that the majority of our furniture is going to come from there.
So now you know. ;)
~Ashlee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!
It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...
-
The QWERTY keyboard layout was not designed for comfort, but instead was designed with the mechanics of early typewriters in mind. See this ...
-
People are always asking about what I actually do at my job at Sandia National Laboratories. I could claim that my work is too sensitive to ...
-
This summer, I called Albuquerque, NM home, and Sandia National Laboratories work. I can honestly say that it's the best job I've...
I love Craigslist, it's how I sold my half doors and my motorcycle. I just wish there was more users in our region. I'm in need of a small chest freezer and not having much luck. But heck, maybe I need to sell all my stuff on Craigslist here, move there and buy all new used stuff from Craigslist there?!?
ReplyDelete