Aug 18, 2009

Weekend Catch-Up

Well, we've once again been swept up in a whirl of busy-ness. This weekend was the weekend that Todd returned to Phoenix.

I left Phoenix after work on Friday and drove to Albuquerque. It was a long drive and I was pretty tired by the time I arrived (around midnight). The next morning we got up, packed up Todd's stuff, put gas in the car and ice in the cooler, and left for Phoenix again.

Titus came with us this time and I have to admit, it was great to see my kitten again. Once we got to Phoenix, we dropped Titus off at the apartment of a fellow Teach For America member. We can't keep him here in the park with us because there are no pets allowed in this section of the park. I'm sure he'll be fine for the next two weeks.

This week Todd is kind of hanging out. He has a day or two of orientation and I'm going to take him to the school with me. Having him there to help me clean out some storage rooms will be nice, plus it counts for volunteer hours!

Anyway, I'm getting a little ill, already. My throat is extremely sore in the mornings. I've been told that I'm going to be constantly ill for this first year until my immune system builds up a little bit. I just hope it builds up quickly!

Now it's time to head to work! More updates to come in a bit. I just wanted to catch everyone up on our weekend.

Signing off,
Ashlee

2 comments:

  1. What a busy but exciting time for you two! I'm super stoked to see it all next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlee, wash your hands, wash your hands, and then wash your hands...it is the best way to combat those little kid germs.

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...