So, there were some issues with the house. First of all, it didn't appraise for what we offered. Those of you familiar with the process of buying a home know that the loan agent won't give you more than the home appraises for.
So we had to change our offer to $10,000 less than what we originally offered. And we've been worried since then that the seller wasn't going to accept it. It's been a pretty large concern of ours and we've been anxious about hearing back from the seller.
After a lot of back and forth (and even seeing our house go back on the market, which made our hearts drop), we heard back definitively from the seller.
HE SIGNED THE ADDENDUM. WE'RE BUYING THE HOUSE FOR 10K LESS THAN WHAT WE OFFERED!
I was so ecstatic last night that I had to run over and tell Uncle Pat and Aunt Wanda. It's a good deal for the house and a huge relief to Todd and I.
We're considering it an anniversary gift from the seller to us. =)
And now, I'm off to work! The 20 kids don't scare me now. I HAVE A HOUSE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!
It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...
-
The QWERTY keyboard layout was not designed for comfort, but instead was designed with the mechanics of early typewriters in mind. See this ...
-
People are always asking about what I actually do at my job at Sandia National Laboratories. I could claim that my work is too sensitive to ...
-
This summer, I called Albuquerque, NM home, and Sandia National Laboratories work. I can honestly say that it's the best job I've...
That is one fine anniversary gift! The house is meant to be yours, and I look forward to visiting someday.
ReplyDeleteWow, very exciting news! I hope we get to see it when we visit at month's end! Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDelete