Aug 22, 2009

Eeep!

We just experienced our first Arizona monsoon! The rain thundered on the roof of our little unit this afternoon. Todd and I quickly lifted the blinds to look outside. Here are some pictures of what it looked like here after only a few minutes!

This is looking across the street from our unit at my Uncle Pat and Aunt Wanda's unit. Their little PT Cruiser almost looks like it might float away. Okay, not really. But there's definitely a lot of water there!

Here's a look down the other side of the street. Mind you, this is only after a few minutes of rain. Luckily, it doesn't rain much longer than that here. It's already cleared up.

Here's a look down the street. All of that water drains into a a spot at the other end of the park. They say that the canals and ditches in Arizona are really dangerous because they can flash flood in mere minutes since the soil doesn't retain much water.

So that was exciting for us!

Other than that, we are just relaxing tonight. I took my AEPA earlier today (Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment) with hundreds of other educators. It's required for the state. I didn't really study for it but I think I did alright.

And Todd went and picked up our new washer and dryer today. They're GE front-loading and we got them cheap from Craigslist! I'm sure we'll put up pictures of them soon. We get excited about things like that =)

1 comment:

  1. I am envious of your Craigslist opportunities... they are hit or miss in MT.

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...