Oct 12, 2008

The Vet, Titus, and School

Ashlee here.

We recently took Titus to the vet. It was time to get him neutered and declawed. We actually struggled with the decision to declaw him, but the vet convinced us the morning that we took him in that it was the right thing to do for a couple of reasons. First, we're planning on having kids sometime in the future, likely within the next 10 years. And we're also planning on getting nicer furniture sometime. These things, combined with the fact that Titus was never going to be an outdoor cat, helped to convince us.

Plus the vet explained the procedure to us and how they would take care of Titus afterwards. It's pretty extensive. They kept him from Tuesday until Saturday, to ensure that he was healing well enough. So, after buying him some special kitty litter, we brought him home Saturday morning.

And Titus is a changed kitten. The little terror has turned over a new leaf. Either that, or the drugs haven't worn off. He's been extremely cuddly, and very sleepy and lethargic. His midnight psychotic attacks are gone. Though he still does show the occasional spark of the crazy kitten we had come to love. He also still likes to help Todd with dishes.

And while Titus sleeps the day away, Todd and I are forced to stay very busy. This coming week happens to be midterms, so after a weekend of relaxation, we're having to kick ourselves into high gear. It's going to be very hectic, but once we're done I think we're going to go to Kennywood Fright Night with some friends of ours. It promises to be fun =)

Other than that, I've been working with my pre-law adviser on my personal statement, which is going well. I'm also awaiting my scores for the LSAT. And I'm looking into a very interesting opportunity called Teach For America. Every since Junior High School, I've been involved in tutoring and mentoring students. It's something that I have a passion for and Teach For America would give me a chance to walk the walk instead of just talking the talk. I've started the application process, though nothing is binding until the Spring. I've talked it over with Todd and he's very supportive of it - it will at least give us some more options on what the coming year will bring.

Well, it's 1am. I apologize for the lack of flair in this little update. I'll try to be more creative next time.

Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hoffmanns!

    I've been following your blog and keep meaning to comment and say hi. Glad to hear you are both doing well. Ashlee, I have heard nothing but wonderful things about TFA. I think it would be a great fit for you. Keep us posted!

    And remember Grand Rapids is always a vacation option for you...

    Miss you guys!
    Kaethe

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...