Todd typing...
Last Friday we went to Pittsburgh's amusement park (Kennywood) to partake in their annual Phantom Fright Nights. We thank our friends Mike and Kellie for putting the trip together. They invited us to join them, Kellie's brother and our mutual friend Steve.
Ashlee and I had been to Kennywood, but had never made it to a Fright Night. We didn't know what to expect, but had heard good things. Even if the event didn't turn out great, we were happy to go spend some time out with friends.
Essentially, they try to turn the entire park into a haunted house, and I have to say they do a pretty good job. I can't say I was ever really scared, but then again, I'm not easily startled. Most impressive was the amount of work they did to transform the atmosphere. Kennywood is old-fashioned: several wooden roller coasters, carousels, boardwalks, etc. However, during this time of the year, they color the lamp posts, run smoke pumps continuously throughout the park, and play "creepy" music. Of the "monsters" who stroll around, attempting to scare unsuspecting souls, my favorite was Jason, with a real chainsaw (sans chain). He would sneak up behind the groups of high school girls and fire up his saw, launching the group into hysteria.
All in all, it was a fun night, but I definitely got more out of the rides than the frights. Oh well, I guess that comes with growing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!
It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...
-
The QWERTY keyboard layout was not designed for comfort, but instead was designed with the mechanics of early typewriters in mind. See this ...
-
People are always asking about what I actually do at my job at Sandia National Laboratories. I could claim that my work is too sensitive to ...
-
This summer, I called Albuquerque, NM home, and Sandia National Laboratories work. I can honestly say that it's the best job I've...
Very cool!
ReplyDelete