Oct 31, 2008

Five on Friday

Todd at the keyboard

1) A while back, a friend told us about hulu.com, and we've turned into regular users. I'll let you go explore yourselves, but it's a great (legal) way to watch TV (and some movies) online. They negotiate directly with the studios to serve ad-supported video. Incidentally, they were at Carnegie Mellon a few weeks ago recruiting CS majors.

2) While surfing the net looking for I can't remember what, I happened upon a review of the Canadian drama series ReGenesis. Obviously it's not well-known in the states, so I'd never heard of it, but we gave it a try. With season one under our belts, we are very satisfied. Filmed and sequenced similarly to the forensics shows, the program follows the challenges of NORBAC (North American Biotechnology Advisory Commission). Essentially, they investigate outbreaks and attempt to prevent the spread of epidemics. I'm not much of a critic, so I won't try to write a review, but I suggest you watch the first couple episodes over at hulu. Tell us what you think.


3) Ashlee and I are terrible cat owners. We locked Titus in the clostet for all of yesterday's working hours. When I was heading to class (9:00), I grabbed my coat from our entryway closet, he jumped in, and I closed the door. I left, Ashlee never noticed, and Titus was locked away. Ashlee does recall wondering where he was later in the day, but didn't think too much of it. It wasn't until I got home at 6:30 and we heard him meowing that we finally let him out. The funny part is that he found the box of fresh cat liter, and used it. That was better than the box of blankets.

4) Pittsburgh had its first snow this week. It made me remember why Pittsburgh winters can be miserable. While we're used to colder temperatures in Wyoming, but the wet of Pittsburgh can be terrible. That being said, I love having seasons, and welcome the change of pace.

1 comment:

  1. My friend Christy shut her cat in a drawer once and couldn't figure out where the meowing was coming from!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...