Sep 11, 2008

Reading, Studying, and Being Busy!

It's my turn to write a blog entry. So here you have it, Ashlee's update.

First of all, Todd and I have been incredibly busy. We've been throwing ourselves into schoolwork and the swing of college life. Classes have been keeping me busy. Most of my classes have 1 midterm and then 2-3 papers, plus some projects. The reading definitely takes up a lot of time and I'm often found on the couch in the evenings with a book in hand. And a kitten lying on me.



Yes, Titus (that's his name now. We think it fits him better than Shar) loves to distract me from my readings by coming up to me and cuddling. Of course, his fur on my neck makes me itch, but I endure it because it's just so cute.

Another thing that has been taking up a lot of my time is studying for the LSAT (Law School Admission Test). I'll be taking it October 4th and I'm extremely anxious about it. It's one of the main considerations that laws schools examine when considering prospective students. And I need to get a high score to get into the law schools that I'm looking at. Some of the schools under consideration right now are: Yale, Harvard, UC-Berkeley, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, and Northwestern. Needless to say, they're pretty difficult schools to get in to. My GPA is right around what it should be, but a lot depends on this test. I've taken two practice tests so far, both placing me in the 80-86th percentile. While that's a decent score, it's not as high as I would like it to be. So I'm going to keep studying and working on these things. I've gotten a lot better on the Logic Games, but I need to work on Logic Arguments.

So, with homework and LSAT, we've been busy. We're trying not to involve ourselves in too much, at least until after October. Even then, we'll be busy with applications and figuring things out. It's not really working out though. So far we've once again involved ourselves with the church, Lutheran Student Fellowship, CMU College Republicans, CMU Respect Life, CMU Conservatives...

In case you can't tell, we're a little bit excited about the upcoming election. It's especially exciting because it's the first time I'll be old enough to vote in a presidential election. I'm also taking a class on Presidential Campaign Rhetoric. It gives an interesting perspective on the campaign, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable because the other students (and the professor) have a different view than I do. Ah well, it's bound to happen.

There's so much to talk about, but time keeps ticking and I need to go over the practice test that I took earlier today and figure out what I did wrong. Hopefully we'll be keeping the blog regularly updated with what's going on.

1 comment:

  1. Ashlee - I know you'll do well on the exam, obviously you are working very hard to accomplish your goal. Keep up the good work!

    We enjoy the updates on your blog, so please keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...