My immune system, always under attack by the germs that flourish in the Cyert Center (or rather, the young children that go there), has collapsed this weekend.
I knew it was going to happen. It always does. I thought when I started working at the Center that my immune system would grow stronger under the constant assault of germs. But alas, it stayed as weak as ever. I just get sick more often.
At work on Friday, as I sat on a couch surrounded by 4 two-year-olds, reading, one of the girls started coughing. A big hacking cough. And I knew that whatever germs infected her body would soon be gallivanting around mine. And I was right.
Friday night at about 10, Todd said he was going to bed. But I wasn't tired. I stayed up a little later, mostly because I could feel my throat beginning to throb and headache building up power behind my temples. Have you ever felt generally poor enough that you don't feel like going to bed? Yeah, it was like that.
Finally, tired enough that I thought I could fall asleep without being plagued by coughs, sniffles, and the inability to breathe, I went to bed. I slept fitfully and woke feeling like I had been hit by a truck (in fact, I had dreamed that I had crashed a four-wheeler! Or rather, the person I was riding with had crashed it *cough* Todd *cough*).
Throughout the day, I continued to feel more and more ill. This evening, Todd and I decided that I had the flu (after some cereal didn't sit so well).
So now I'm lying on the couch, a cat purring on my chest, watching the news and writing a blog post. My stomache is beginning to act up again, so I think I'll set the laptop down.
While I got a lot done today, I want to do another practice test tomorrow. So maybe I'll try to go to bed and hope that sleep bolsters my immune system enough to combat the flu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!
It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...
-
The QWERTY keyboard layout was not designed for comfort, but instead was designed with the mechanics of early typewriters in mind. See this ...
-
People are always asking about what I actually do at my job at Sandia National Laboratories. I could claim that my work is too sensitive to ...
-
This summer, I called Albuquerque, NM home, and Sandia National Laboratories work. I can honestly say that it's the best job I've...
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.