Dec 9, 2009

2.5 Million Lights!

This evening Ashlee and I joined (Grandma) Judy, (Great Uncle and Aunt) Pat, and Wanda at ZooLights (link). In this annual event the Phoenix Zoo is adorned with over 2.5 million lights throughout the grounds. As you might imagine, most of the animals can't be seen, but there were a few that got stuck working the night shift. One of the elephants was right next to the fence, camels were giving rides, an otter was very active in his pond, and the zebras were just close enough the path to be visible.

In terms of lights, the display was impressive, to say the least. They wrap the tree trunks and limbs with lights, as opposed to wrapping around the very outside where the leaves are. There were several wireframe animals with lights, and many were animated. Even the cacti had been strung.

Facebook users who have Pat Alsup as a friend can see his photo album of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Since Pat tagged you I was able to see the pics. I bet that was fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...