I hear that it's supposed to get up into the 100's this weekend. Yes, yes, it's October. Haha! I love it here! The warm weather and blue skies make me smile as I'm driving to work. It's so much better than the constant cloudiness and drizzle that we experienced in Pittsburgh.
Another reason that I love the continued warm weather - our pool. It's so nice to be able to use it to help cool off in the heat. I love sitting next to it with a good book in hand. I'm sure that we'll be spending a lot of time in it this weekend (and this time we'll be using sunscreen!).
Speaking of books... I finally found my way to the Mesa Public Library, where I got my library card (along with 9 books to read). I've already finished one book and I'm more than halfway done with the second book. It's a nice library and I'm looking forward to getting a lot of use out of it! I'm sticking with my usual genre for now, though I'm hoping to branch off some more. Perhaps I'll meander over to non-fiction sometime in the near future. Well, maybe not so near...after all, there's a lot of fiction for me to catch up on!
Well, that's my little update. My class will arrive in a little over an hour...And four hours after they arrive, they will leave to go home. A few minutes after they board the bus, I will hopefully be driving towards home. My bed is calling to me.
-Ashlee, who has been somewhat ill this week with a terrible head cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!
It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...
-
The QWERTY keyboard layout was not designed for comfort, but instead was designed with the mechanics of early typewriters in mind. See this ...
-
People are always asking about what I actually do at my job at Sandia National Laboratories. I could claim that my work is too sensitive to ...
-
This summer, I called Albuquerque, NM home, and Sandia National Laboratories work. I can honestly say that it's the best job I've...
I shake my fist at you and your nice temperature! =P
ReplyDeleteTell us if you really like one of the book, I might check it out for myself.
I agree Tinox, 60 felt like a heatwave this week in MT!
ReplyDelete