Dec 6, 2007

Last lectures of 2007 behind us

Today both Ashlee and I had our last classes of the semester.  It's always a great feeling to be done (with classes at least) and to know that we'll be home with friends and family soon.  The next week is still very busy though.  Ashlee has four papers to turn in and I have an exam, a group presentation and report, and a final photography critique.  Wednesday is when the last of it is due, and we fly home Thursday.

On a completely different note, Pittsburgh has finally taken the plunge and settled into legitimate winter weather.  We have a few inches of snow and the highs have been in the 30's.  Luckily we haven't had any bad wind with the cold yet, but I'm confident that Pittsburgh will show its teeth before all the students leave.

This break we are going to be home for 4 weeks to the day.  We fly back January 10th and start classes the 14th.  This break is a bit exciting for me because I feel like I'm going to progress a bit along the graduated road to adulthood.  I starting driving when I turned 16, I bought some cigars for my dad after I turned 18, I got married when I was 19, I ordered a beer for the first time when I turned 21, and finally, while I'm still 21, I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled.  In just a couple years I'll be able to rent a car.  I'm sure I still won't be a full adult even then, but that's okay.  I guess the age limit for the draft might serve as the final milestone on that long road.

Well, I guess that's about it.  Wish us luck for the last few chaotic days we have ahead of us.  We won't get to really relax until we claim the last of our luggage in the Sheridan airport.  Oh well, that's how it is every semester.

Take Care,

Todd

3 comments:

  1. Just think, in 48 hours the semester will all be done and you will be back in Wyoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not really an adult until your hair starts to recede.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not so sure you're an adult even if your hairline is receding~ just look at Kent!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...