Dec 17, 2007

Home (Bitter) Sweet Home

Ashlee and I made it home for Christmas break as scheduled without any troubles. Fortunately, we beat the storms that crippled the midwest and had three trouble-free flights.

Unfortunately, this Christmas is not all sweet. As many of you know, my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer in September and started chemotherapy six weeks ago. She elected to leave Sheridan to seek expert cancer treatment in Tulsa, OK at one of the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. This place is amazing and every time I talk her she has nothing but wonderful stories and interesting tid bits to share about the center and people there.

Every other week she flies out of Sheridan Thursday afternoon and starts the drug infusion Friday afternoon. She returns on Monday. This past weekend was a chemo weekend for her, and it turns out that she was in the Denver airport the same time Ashlee and I were so we got to spend almost an hour with here before we had to go our seperate ways. Tonight she is coming home, and it will really be nice to see her again. She will continue this routine into April.

All things considered, my mom is doing great. She has been very aggressive in fighting the cancer, and they did catch it early. As soon as she found out about it she contacted CTCA and starting making arrangements. She has nothing but the highest of hopes and has incredible resolve to beat this. My mother has always been someone whom I admire and see as a rolemodel, but these last couple months have really proved inspirational. Thank you Mom. With all that being said, I encourage you to continue to pray with us during this long, hard process.

On a much lighter note, Dr. John Naugle dug out my four wisdom teeth this morning. I am still a bit numb as I type this message, and I can't wait for feeling to fully return. I think I would rather have pain than to be drooling and unable to taste anything. All in all, it hasn't been bad though. Again, it's great to be a bit closer to adulthood.

Ashlee and I wish all of you a Merry Christmas. Enjoy your time off from work or school and finish up your shopping, but also remember and celebrate the coming of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but inspired by your love and respect for her and her example to many.

    On a lighter note, I didn't know you blogged! Glad to find you.

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...