Well, it's that time of year again: the time of year when all those final projects are due...you know the ones I'm talking about. These are the final projects that were assigned at the beginning of the semester that your professors kept reminding you to work on - advice which you blissfully pushed off to the side in pursuit of more immediate pleasures.
And now you're faced with the last two weeks of school and you have 4 papers due (3 are supposed to be about 15 pages each and the 4th on is only a 4-6 page paper), 3 presentations to run, and a VERY limited time in which to complete everything. I think that my problem is that I work very well under pressure. This quality has been reinforced time and time again and thus I haven't learned to do things in advance. Tonight, for instance, I had quite a bit of time to work on homework. However, I found myself unable to focus - trying to read articles and becoming easily distracted and finding other things to do (e.g. updating the blog!).
These next couple of weeks will certainly be busy for both of us, but I'm optimistic that things will work out in the end. We've decided that we'll hardly see each other this weekend because we'll be doing so much homework.
And now, I will attempt to do a little more homework before bed. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!
It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...
-
The QWERTY keyboard layout was not designed for comfort, but instead was designed with the mechanics of early typewriters in mind. See this ...
-
People are always asking about what I actually do at my job at Sandia National Laboratories. I could claim that my work is too sensitive to ...
-
This summer, I called Albuquerque, NM home, and Sandia National Laboratories work. I can honestly say that it's the best job I've...
Well, I wish Ashlee wasn't speaking for both of us, but she is. As a senior my last undergraduate core required class is Capstone. We have been working on the project most of the semester, but a great deal of the work still needs to be done between now and the presentation in two weeks. There is also a paper that my team has to write. All in all though, things will work out. I have enjoyed this semester, but it will be nice to be done.
ReplyDeleteGood luck kiddos! It's funny how it always seems to work out in the end. See you guys soon!
ReplyDelete