The purpose of this post is to catch everyone up to what we're doing right now. I have completed my Teach For America commitment and I graduated with a M.Ed. in December 2010. I will be starting law school this month at the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law in Tempe, AZ. I'm very excited about this opportunity since, as you know, I've been wanting to go to law school for a very long time.
Todd did 2 years of PhD work at Arizona State University before deciding that he didn't necessarily like the direction that the research was going. It was too focused on theoretical physics when he's more interested in computational materials science. So he started looking for a job and, after an interview process that lasted 4 hours, he got an offer. He started working for Amkor Technology as a Test Engineer on August 1, 2011. We're very excited about this and he's really hoping that this job will provide the hands-on experience that he is looking for.
We still own our home in Mesa and we're slowly but surely making some lovely home improvements. Our next project will be replacing the old wooden fence in the back yard with a cinderblock fence that won't fall down during storms.
We recently visited home for a short amount of time. I was honored to be a bridesmaid in Hillary's wedding - it was a lovely ceremony up in the mountains and we're so happy for her and Nick! Todd went back to Phoenix to start his job, but I have a couple more days to spend time with family and friends in Sheridan.
And that's where we are right now. I'm sure I've skipped over a ton of stuff, but we'll work to keep this updated and catch everyone up!
Glad that you are back!
ReplyDelete