Well, we landed on our feet. The fact that the other house already had an offer pending was a bummer, but the next day another home came up on the Realtor's site that looked nice. So after a flurry of phone calls, it was arranged that our Realtor would meet me at the home that evening.
Thankfully Uncle Pat and Aunt Wanda were willing to come and pick me up at ASU (only about 20 minutes after I got off the bus from the school site), and take me to see the house. We walked through it and I was really grateful to have their advice as we looked it over!
Knowing how fast regular homes (not short-sales, not lender-owned) go on the market, Todd and I put in an offer that very night. We had also heard from the Seller's Realtor that he was expecting another offer. I talked to Stephanie (our Realtor) today and the other agent got our offer...and didn't get the other one. So as far as we know, our offer is the only one he's taking to the sellers this afternoon.
They are supposed to get back to us by 5pm.
I'll put up pictures when I can. If all goes as planned, Todd and I will go back by the house on Friday or Saturday and take more pictures.
Once again, keep your fingers crossed for us!
-Ashlee
P.S. Oh...And this house has a pool. YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!
It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...
-
The QWERTY keyboard layout was not designed for comfort, but instead was designed with the mechanics of early typewriters in mind. See this ...
-
People are always asking about what I actually do at my job at Sandia National Laboratories. I could claim that my work is too sensitive to ...
-
This summer, I called Albuquerque, NM home, and Sandia National Laboratories work. I can honestly say that it's the best job I've...
A pool! Sweet! What neighborhood is this one in?
ReplyDeleteThis one is also in Mesa, and turns out to be along the same traffic artery, but south by 20 blocks or so. It's about halfway down a side street, and this time the back yard is up against an alley. It's really close to a mall, and the freeway. In many ways, the neighborhood is very similar to the other one.
ReplyDeleteView it online!
Holy cow, it IS right by the mall!
ReplyDelete