Jul 19, 2009

The House

Many people have been requesting pictures of this house that Todd and I submitted an offer on. So I'm going to go ahead and post some for you now! Unfortunately, I thought that I could use some of the pictures from the listing to augment my own collection, but I can't find the listing anymore (which is a good thing since that means the seller changed the status from "Active" to "Pending."

This is a picture of our front yard. It has a desert landscape with a huge cactus in front. We also have a grapefruit tree in front! Todd and I are thinking that we would likely leave this landscape in place. It's easy to take care of. All I would do is make the path a little more defined with the rocks.

The carport leads to a finished 2 car garage. The garage door needs a little fixing up (something about the track not really being right), but the contractor who is fixing up the house for the seller mentioned to us that he was having someone come by to look at it. But, let's go inside!


This is right as you walk in the front door. There is a decent sized living room and the doorway leads right to our kitchen. You can even see that past the kitchen is another small room (13' by 7.5') with a window to the backyard.


This is still standing in the living room, right before the doorway to the kitchen. To the left of the living room are the bedrooms. Two smaller bedrooms are on the left side of the hallway. The first doorway on the right side of the hallway is a linen closet. The second doorway is the main bathroom (decent sized, with enough room to put some sort of shelving or storage thing in there). The third doorway on the right leads to the master bedroom.


This is going through the doorway to the kitchen. The kitchen connect to a rather large family room (23' in length). There's a large window in the family room too!


Now, this is the room that is past the kitchen. The doorway behind me leads to a patio area and to our backyard (that has a pool!). Todd is taking the picture from standing inside our laundry room. The doorway to the kitchen is on the right side, just past the doorway that Todd is standing inside of.


This is a picture of the laundry room. The washer and dryer would go behind the door. The whole left wall is open and we could easily install some shelves or a counter back there. There's also a rack for hanging clothes. Overall, it's a nice sized laundry room (and inside!).

Now, let's go back to the bedroom side of the house for some pictures!


This is the main bathroom.


This is a picture of the master bedroom. As you can see, there is a main bedroom and then a small sitting room connected to it. The French doors from the sitting room lead out to the backyard (and the pool)!


This is standing in the sitting room looking back at the entrance to the Master Bedroom. There is a nice sized closet right against that wall. Then, directly to my left is the walk-in closet (it's huge!). Also on the left would be the master bathroom. And through the doorway to the master bedroom you can see the doorway to one of the other bedrooms. Here are some pictures of those...


This picture shows the bedrooms and the windows in each. Each one also has a closet like this (though in the other one it's a little smaller and the corner of the room has built in shelves):





Anyway, those are some pictures. As some of you know, the inspection went well. There's nothing major that is wrong with the house. The inspector found some small things, but almost all of those can be fixed up relatively cheaply by Todd (the handyman). Also, while the inspector was conducting the inspection, the contractor for the house came in. The inspector gave him a copy of the inspection report and the contractor said he would fix a lot of the little things (replacing a single shingle on the roof, putting shower heads in the bathrooms, etc.). We're glad he was so helpful! To be honest, though, we're not counting on him fixing up all those things. That won't be a condition on whether or not we buy the house. There's not a lot wrong with it and we can fix most of it easily (and it doesn't need to be done immediately). So we've put our earnest money down and we're gathering the documents now for the loan. The closing date is August 28th. We're so excited!

For now, I'm staying out in Apache Junction with my Aunt Wanda and Uncle Pat. I start doing some things for the Head Start tomorrow and then I get Tuesday off. Wednesday and Thursday I go through an orientation...and then I'm not sure what I'll be doing. I do know that I start home visits before the students come to school (which will be August 10th).

I think I'll hit my little "Publish Post" button and call it an evening. I want to make sure I have everything ready for the morning!

P.S. I'll go ahead and try to draw up a layout picture for the house and get it posted tonight too!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, and I think your pics of the interior are much better then the ones that were included on the web listing. I hope we'll get to see it and help you move while we are there visiting! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...