Jun 28, 2012

Woah Pictures?!

Yes, that's right! I can easily take and upload pictures with my awesome new camera that Todd bought me for my birthday! So here's a few pictures, along with pertinent updates:
So, when I first started working at the Public Defender's office, there was talk about a softball team...and I was conscripted to it. I don't think that they realize that I never played softball. But thanks to both of my brothers playing baseball throughout their childhoods, I know the basics! I kept repeating little pieces of cheering advice to myself ("Way to get a piece of it!"  "Choke up!"  "Good eye!" "Call it!" "Don't let the ball smash your face and break your glasses!")  ....Okay, that last one was my own. All in all though, I did pretty well. I can hit the ball! And catch it sometimes. We have two games tomorrow night, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, another thing I'm good at? Losing my wedding rings in a field after playing softball. That's not something that I really wanted to share with Todd during our nightly phone call though. I had finished my turn batting and realized that my left hand felt strange. There was a moment of blind panic...and then we started searching. All eight of us were out there combing the field for two little rings. We thought that they might have come off when I gave my glove to another girl before I went to bat. After about a half hour, Nicole (pictured on the right) found them. They were in the dirt near my purse. I guess they came off when I went over to get a drink of water some time? I'm still not sure. My rings have never really fallen off easily, but now I know to put them somewhere safe when I'm playing softball. I'm just thankful that I didn't have to start my nightly conversation with "...Hey hunny...You didn't happen to take out insurance on the wedding rings, did you? ..."

Moving on!

Today was the day that the office celebrated the June birthdays. We had cake, icecream, and tortilla chips. They sang happy birthday to us and we all got a card.

Here we are, enjoying our little party! And then... a surprise. For me.

Brad started a little game with Nicole. He would show her pictures and she was supposed to answer what the pictures were. I feel like a little background is in order before we go any further though. Brad is from Wyoming. Thermopolis, to be precise. And when he found out that I was also from Wyoming, an inter-office rivalry was born. I told people what I remembered about Thermopolis (hot and stinky water). They confronted Brad with this information since, according to him, Thermopolis was paradise on earth. Brad, astonished that the truth was known, responded with an email that slandered  Sheridan and praised the beauty of Thermopolis (complete with pictures). I responded with a PowerPoint presentation on the many things that Sheridan has to offer. He responded with an email noting that the idea for  Brokeback Mountain came from the writer's experience in the Mint Bar in Sheridan, Wyoming. And he also responded with this little game...

So, we're sitting in the office birthday celebration and he starts this game. Right away I know that it's meant to slander Sheridan. So I sit back and laugh. He shows the pictures and Nicole responds. Here are the pictures:
And here's a close up view of the cheat sheet that Nicole was reading from:
Now it's my turn...I just need to think of how I can get this poor, misguided soul to realize the true beauty of Sheridan Wyoming....

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...