Sonya and Tom (Todd's sister and her husband) came down to visit us over Halloween weekend. So, in the spirit of the holiday, we went to a costume store to search out some costumes for ourselves. The costume store was very large and very busy - they even had police directing cars where to park!
We started looking around and this is what we came up with (after buying the costumes, accessories, and makeup!)
And here's one of Todd and I.
So, after getting all dressed up, we hit the town! First we stopped by a bar that was letting vampires in for free. We had a drink there and then decided to head over to Mill Ave., which is the street right next to ASU. There are always things going on down on Mill Ave. - from preachers preaching with megaphones, to people playing guitars or drums on the street corner, to people painting pictures right there on the sidewalk. And going on Halloween was a real treat! When we got there, we spent some time listening to a drum group that was there. Then we walked around for a while, enjoying all the costumes and creativity (almost everyone was dressed up).
As we were walking, we came across a couple with a baby. They asked me "Take picture?" and I thought that they wanted me to use their camera to take a picture of them with their child. I said "Sure," and before I knew what was happening, they were handing me their baby and taking a picture of me with their kid! Todd said afterwards that I must radiate some sort of pheromones that say "Teacher." Haha!
After a while, we settled down at a club and sat on the porch. It was great to sit there and watch people walk by. We definitely enjoyed ourselves!
But dressing up isn't all we did while Tom and Sonya were here. We visited a place called the "Secret Castle." We also had a meal and a show at the "Organ Stop." Both those stories coming soon - right now I'm off to the mall with my mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.