Jan 21, 2008

Four day weeks... again

Like most college students, Ashlee and I returned to classes recently (a week ago today for us) and are now settling into the routine. Luckily, we aren't like most others students in the fact that neither of us have classes on Fridays. In fact, we haven't had classes on Fridays since the fall of 2006. For me, this arrangement actually isn't really by design, but is mostly just a result of how my departments schedule their classes. Ashlee has to be a bit strategic to make it work, but obviously it's worked out.

This semester I'm pretty excited to be taking a photography class at Pittsburgh Filmmakers. I've taken other photography classes here at CMU, but this semester it worked better to go off campus. We've only met once so far, but one of my first impressions is that the instructor, Tim Fabian, reminds me of a character from the Simpsons... I think. It's probably going to drive me nuts trying to figure out who exactly comes to mind. But really, I think I will learn a lot and enjoy the class quite a bit. Also, Professor Towe, who teaches a computational methods class that I'm taking at CMU, is enrolled the photo class with me. That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to use OpenID, please attempt to make it display your name.

Resurrecting the Blog -- and Going International!

It started as an idle question. "Why can't we do that?" I had asked, somewhat jokingly. "We can," Todd had repli...